Slip and Fall
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Miami, then you need an experienced personal injury lawyer representing you and your interests.
What should I do after a slip and fall accident?
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, it is important to take the right steps immediately:
- Take pictures of your injuries as well as the area around you. If there are any visible concerns or issues, such as a crack in the sidewalk or low lighting, then you will want to get clear photos of that to support your case.
- If there is a substance on the floor that caused you to slip, like a puddle of water, you will want to take a picture immediately. Once that substance is removed from the floor, you will lose your opportunity to obtain invaluable evidence.
- If possible, take a picture of the incident report.
- Do not sign anything, including the incident report. They should sign off on it, but as the victim, you should not.
- Immediately seek medical attention: only a doctor can determine if you have suffered from any injuries that may not be present yet. Sometimes it could take hours or days before soreness and swelling become severe enough to be noticeable. By then, the injury may already be quite advanced.
One of the most important things not to do is accept blame or cast blame. You want a skilled and experienced attorney investigating your case professionally rather than argue it out at the scene of the accident with the property manager or staff. Also, it’s best not to say anything to the property owner’s insurance company or give them a statement until you have spoken to Lopez Roca Attorneys.
What does a personal injury case entail?
Your personal injury claim begins as soon as you suffer an injury as a result of the negligence of another. It is important to immediately contact Lopez Roca Attorneys so that we can send a letter of representation as well as a Preservation of Evidence letter to the owner of the location where the slip and fall incident occurred.
The first phase is called the pre-litigation phase, which is when your attorney sends a demand letter to the insurance company of the at-fault party. The demand letter contains the settlement your attorney has calculated that you need to cover for the losses suffered in the slip and fall accident. If the insurance company denies your claim, then you will have to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
While the overwhelming majority of personal injury cases settle before trial, Lopez Roca Attorneys has the experience and resources to win your case at trial. Call Lopez Roca Attorneys today if you suffered a slip and fall in Miami.