What are some types of catastrophic personal injuries?
At Lopez Roca Attorneys, we fight for Florida victims who have suffered:
- Organ failure
- Paralysis And spinal cord injuries
- Loss of hearing, sight, or other senses
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
What are the most common causes of catastrophic injuries?
Catastrophic injuries are those that temporarily or permanently disable or disfigure the victim and cause them lifelong damages. Because there are many different ways to become injured, there are almost innumerable types of catastrophic injuries. However, there are some more common causes of catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Some of the most dangerous are truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and multiple vehicle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: These types of accidents are dangerous because the pedestrian isn’t protected like the driver of a car is.
- Slip and fall accidents: These can occur while on someone else’s property or a construction site.
- Product liability accidents: For example, this occurs when a defective product, like a blender or a drug or medication, irreparably harms someone.
How much is my catastrophic injury case worth?
Unfortunately, no attorney can guarantee outcomes, nor can they determine how much a case will be worth before conducting a thorough investigation. However, there are some general guidelines that can help you have a better idea of how you can be compensated for the damages that you have suffered.
In order to begin calculating your damages, you first have to add up all of your out-of-pocket medical bills, damaged property (e.g., your vehicle), lost wages as well as how much your health insurance has already paid out on your claims. You are also entitled to compensation for future medical bills as well as loss of earning ability (loss of future income).
Your attorney will also factor in how much they believe you should receive in compensation for your non-economic damages. Given the nature of catastrophic injuries, this is usually significant.
Some non-economic damages that can be caused by catastrophic injuries include:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of everyday activities
Compassionate Yet Aggressive Representation
At Lopez Roca, our attorneys will work to build the best case possible. However, if negotiations are unsuccessful, then we will use all of our resources to fight for you. We have recovered millions for our clients in compensation for their pain and suffering and medical bills. So give us a call today to schedule your free consultation to hear directly from us about how we can help you.